RIVE – the metal wrecking, robot hacking shooter – is a game with old school gaming values in a decidedly new school execution. During RIVE’s intense 360 degree shooting and platforming action, players learn to alter the behavior of their robotic enemies by collecting and uploading hacks.
- All the goodness of platform games and twin stick shooters in one package.
- Collect hacks and upload them to your enemies to alter their behavior.
- Old school game design sensibilities, in a decidedly new school execution.
- Music and Sound Design by Sonic Picnic.
- Backstory by Dutch author and games journalist Niels ‘t Hooft.
RIVE’s concept has been floating around in our minds since 2005 when it started off as an on-rails 3D shooter for Nintendo DS! Ideas came and went, but the desire to build a really intense shooter remained. When Two Tribes almost went under late 2013, we decided it was time to let go of our family friendly puzzle type games and work on something that would appeal to dedicated gamers, such as ourselves!
This definitely looks like a cool game and well worth checking out and being available on Steam, PS4, WiiU and Xbox One only adds to the coolness. What do you think of Rive? Will you be picking up a copy? Let us know in the comments below or on Google+, Facebook and Twitter.