Disney has just announced the next round of improvements to their city raiding / defense game, Star Wars: Commander. Ever since the game was released – initially on iOS and later for Android, Disney has been making improvements and adding content to the game.
First off, you’ll now be able to visit and relocate your base to popular Star Wars locations including Hoth, Yavin IV, and Er’Kit. What fun would it be to visit if you can’t also attack the opposing faction on those new planets? You’ll be able to do that too. New planetary missions will roll out over time and planetary leaderboards will let you see where you stack up.
The update should be rolling out now, so check for app updates, or download Star Wars: Commander at one of the links below
Read the full press release from Disney below.
Players Battle Across New Planets in the “Worlds in Conflict” Expansion forStar Wars™: Commander
Players Can Now Relocate and Engage in PVP Battles Across Iconic Star Wars™ Locations Such as Hoth and Yavin IV
Disney Interactive and Lucasfilm Ltd. today released “Worlds in Conflict,” the largest update for Star Wars™: Commander since the launch of the game. For nearly a year, Star Wars: Commander has brought storylines, characters and battles to mobile with this strategy game, nearing almost 18 million downloads from fans and gamers across the globe.
Now, with a brand new design and Galactic Map, Star Wars: Commander has released the #1 most requested feature to the game, allowing players to relocate to, and battle across several iconic worlds in the Star Wars™ universe, spanning Hoth, Yavin IV, Dandoran and Er’kit in addition to the current planet of Tatooine. Fans will engage in new Planetary Conflicts for PVP victory bonuses and new planetary missions that will be introduced over time.
Important new features of the “Worlds in Conflict” update include:
- World Relocation – The Planetary Command building, which unlocks at HQ5, allows players to choose from up to four additional worlds to scout out and move to – Yavin 4, Hoth Er’Kit, and Dandoran.
- Galaxy Map – Part of the Planetary Command building, this map of the greater galaxy provides tactical intel on each planet and allows players to circle through and decide which planet to engage battles on.
- Updated Play Menu – This updated menu will surface information relevant to each world, such as friends and squadmates on the planet, conflicts and events, as well as chapter progress.
- Planetary Conflicts – Players compete in PVP tournament-style planetary conflicts on a rotating schedule between the added worlds. Victory bonuses are given to the faction that wins each Conflict.
- PvP Victory Loot Bonus – Placement in a medal tier at the end of a Planetary Conflict rewards loot bonuses. For a number of days after the conflict, earn bonus loot for victories against in PVP.
- Planetary Leaderboards – PVP leaderboards will now allow a player to see their own rank as well as the top 50 Commanders. There will also be Planetary specific leaderboards so players will know their standing on their planet. Players will also now know when they’ve received donated troops, and from whom they were donated.
STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.