Mionix is a Swedish company that we had the pleasure of meeting back at CES 2015. Mionix makes gaming hardware including mice, keyboards, desk mats, and even headphones. We got to take a firsthand look at a project they’re working on, the NAOS QG Quantified Gaming Mouse that tracks your heart-rate and other vital statistics while you are gaming at CES and came away quite impressed.
Today Mionix is announcing another gaming mouse – CASTOR. Named after one of the brightest stars in the night sky, CASTOR is a gaming mouse specifically designed for right-handed users (sorry southpaws!) to achieve comfort and precision while gaming. This is a 6-button (all fully-programmable) mouse with custom grooves on the side for your ring finger and pinky, and it’s built in a way that supports palm, claw, and fingertip grip. Comfort is great, but it’s no good without precision, right? Mionix has you covered there too.
CASTOR includes a PMW-3310 gaming grade optical sensor with a maximum speed of more than 5.45m/sec (215 IPS), up to 10,000DPI to help keep your pointing accurate and precise. Also on board, a 32bit ARM Processor and 128kb of memory to store your settings and favorite macros.
CASTOR also has two LEDs and what Mionix calls Mionix AURORA Lighting which lets you further customize the look of your mouse with colors and even various lighting effects.
CASTOR is set to release in September with a price of $69.99.
You can read the full release below.
Superior ergonomic design merges with lightning fast technology in
the ultimate right-handed gaming mouse
The CASTOR’s unique shape has been developed to be used by right-handed players to equally support palm, claw and fingertip-grip. The mouse has a dedicated pinky- and ring-finger support-groove which makes it extremely comfortable to hold and lift. The PMW-3310 gaming grade optical sensor has no positive or negative hardware acceleration, amazing accuracy, smooth tracking, and a maximum speed of more than 5.45m/sec (215 IPS), all the way up to 10000DPI. It is the choice of the world’s top pro-gamers and widely considered as the best gaming sensor currently available.
The new lift-off distance (LOD) Calibration feature combines the Surface Quality Analyzer Tool (S.Q.A.T™) with adjustment of the lift-off height to find the lowest possible LOD with optimized tracking. The lightning fast 32bit ARM™ processor enables the mouse to have numerous gaming features without compromising the tracking of the sensor. The downloadable software provides access to fully customize all buttons, sensor settings, LED colors, macros and profiles.
Key Features of the CASTOR include:
- Five fingers, one home: Right-hand ergonomics with ring- and pinky-finger groove to comfortably place all five fingers on the mouse.
- Maximum grip: 4 layers of rubber coating and the optimized textured side rubbers ensure maximum grip and soft touch feel.
- Lightning fast processor: The 32bit ARM Processor running at 32Mhz is the powerful engine to power it all and ensure trouble free and quick setting changes in-game.
- 128kb built-in memory: Bring your settings and recorded macros with you stored into up to different 5 profiles.
- Zero- Acceleration Sensor with up to 10000DPI: 1:1 Tracking, no positive or negative hardware acceleration.
- In-game 3 step DPI adjustment: Set 3 DPI values and switch easily between them in-game.
The CASTOR is expected to be available worldwide in September for US$69.99. More more information and to place your pre order, visit http://mionix.net/mice/castor.