Shortly before The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was launched, CD PROJEKT RED announced that 16 The Witcher 3 DLC (downloadable content) packs would be released one per week for free to those who purchased today. It took a bit longer than 16 weeks but with the release of today’s new Game+ mode DLC all 16 DLC packs are available on all systems the game is playable on.
“We’ve been releasing free DLCs since launch, and today’s release of New Game +, the 16th and last of them, marks a special moment for us and, I hope, for all Wild Hunt fans as well. They can now restart their adventure and see how the story turns out if they make different choices than on their first play-through,” says Marcin Iwiński, co-founder, CD PROJEKT RED. “I’d like to extend my thanks to all the gamers who played our game and gave these DLCs a try. Nothing makes a developer happier than seeing gamers have fun with what they created,” Iwiński adds, noting that “I would really like to see such initiatives become an industry standard rather than an exception to the general rule, and I hope that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has set a good example.”
The full set of 16 DLC packs available are:
- Temerian Armor Set
- Beard and Hairstyle Set
- New Quest – ‘Contract: Missing Miners’
- Alternative Look for Yennefer
- Nilfgaardian Armor Set
- Elite Crossbow Set
- New Quest – ‘Fool’s Gold’
- Ballad Heroes’ Neutral Gwent Card Set
- New Quest – ‘Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear’
- Alternative Look for Triss
- New Quest – ‘Contract: Skellige’s Most Wanted’
- Skellige Armor Set
- Alternative Look for Ciri
- New Quest – ‘Where the Cat and Wolf Play…’
- New Finisher Animations
- NEW GAME +
The DLC content is available on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 at no charge. In case you’ve missed downloading the DLC, you can do so by following the instructions below:
PC – GOG Galaxy:
1. On the game page for The Witcher 3 (Library/My Collection/Witcher 3) you will see an “ADDITIONAL CONTENT” section displayed in the right column.
2. Purchase the “FREE DLC PROGRAM” item from there (you will not be charged).
3. In the “More”/”Configure” menu you can choose “Available Content”, which will show the DLCs – tick them, and Galaxy will download them automatically.
PC – Steam:
1. On the game page for The Witcher 3 (Library/Witcher 3) you will see that there are DLCs available – tick them, and Steam will download them automatically as part of its automatic update process.
2. If you have downloaded the DLCs but they still aren’t displayed in the game, restart Steam.
PC – EA Origin:
1. Go to “My Games” in Library and find “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt“.
2. Open the product page by clicking on a game title or the “i” (More Details) icon.
3. Scroll down; in the “Add-ons & bonuses” section, you’ll find all the additional content (free DLCs, Artbook, Soundtrack, Maps, Wallpapers, Voice-Over Packs and Artwork). Click “Get It Now”/”Download” on the right to download.
DLCs are displayed as “Add-Ons” on the game’s page on PSN.
DLCs are displayed as “Downloadable Content” on the game’s page on the Xbox Live store.
Have you been playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt? Have you been snagging the free DLC? What do you think about CD PROJEKT RED’s choice to make these DLC packs free? Let us know in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.