With fall just around the corner, Microsoft is gearing towards their Xbox One November update which will see a complete overhaul of the Xbox One dashboard. The update, which will be the biggest one to date, is set to bring a much needed speed boost, even more social integration, and the Xbox Backward Compatibility program to everyone giving gamers the ability to play over 100 Xbox 360 games on their Xbox One at launch.Access popular features up to 50% faster on Xbox One with New Xbox One Experience.Click To Tweet
The New Xbox One Experience, as the company is calling it, will be powered by Windows 10. The overhaul will allow gamers to get to popular gaming features up to 50% faster than they currently can. According to Xbox, you’ll be able to instantly start a party, see what your friends are playing, and get updates to your recently played games all from the Home screen without any loading times.
A list of some of the features you can expect to see in the New Xbox One Experience include:
- Play your Xbox 360 games on Xbox One. At launch you’ll be able to play over 100 Xbox 360 games on Xbox One with hundreds more in the months to come. This includes the added benefit of Xbox One features including screenshots, streaming, and game DVR – for your favorite Xbox 360 games. You can even play multiplayer with friends still using their Xbox 360.
- A new Guide lets you quickly access essentials with just one button press to save time spent weaving in and out of apps. You can access the Guide from Home by pressing left or double tap the Xbox button on your controller to instantly overlay the Guide. You can access Friends, quickly start a Party, get to Settings, see System Notifications, view your Messages, and more from Home or without leaving your game. These are the top tasks Xbox fans do most often, so we focused on making them faster and easier to get to without disrupting your game.
- We’re redesigning Home to make it faster and easier to get to the things you love. We’re introducing a faster and easier interface to provide access to games and apps you’ve recently used. At launch you’ll be able to more easily share your achievements and game clips with the Xbox Live community, see whether your friends are playing the same games and get one-click access to Game Hubs to get news and updates directly from the developers and community themselves.
- We’re introducing a new Community section to make Xbox One more social.Based on your feedback, this section is optimized to help you tap into what other gamers are doing on Xbox Live and directly contribute to the conversation happening within the Xbox Live community. Check out what your friends are up to or keep track of the games you follow in the redesigned Activity Feed. Explore the new Trending section to view the most popular posts from players on Xbox Live.
- The revamped OneGuide will be your single destination for TV, movies and video apps. From OneGuide, you can see a list of current trending live TV shows with the most viewers at that moment on Xbox. TV listings will now come up instantly and in full-screen, and we’ve added a picture-in-picture mode for TV so you can browse for other things to watch without missing what’s happening in your show. We’ll highlight a selection of the most exciting new movies, TV shows and deals from across the apps on Xbox One and the new App Channels area will show you the latest movies, TV shows and videos highlighted by the apps you care about.
- We’re optimizing Store to help you quickly find the content you want. To the right of OneGuide, you’ll find the new and improved Store with features including four easy to explore areas – Games, Movies & TV, Apps, and Music – and a new vertical gallery view to bring more listings at a glance. Browse through intuitive categories like Staff Picks, New Releases, Top played, Top rated, Coming Soon and Recommendations to discover new games, apps, and entertainment for your Xbox One.
For those wanting to preview the New Xbox One Experience, you’ll already have to be part of the Xbox One Preview Program. Not everyone in the Preview Program will get access at first, rather Microsoft will be sending invites to opt in to the New Xbox One Experience in waves based on the amount of feedback you’ve sent in as part of the preview program.Those providing most feedback in Xbox Preview Program will be invited to New Xbox One Experience Preview.Click To Tweet
- We will roll this update out over time to Preview members who opt in for it. We’ll start with a set of Preview members who have historically submitted the most feedback – it will not roll out to everyone at the same time. Our goal is to start with a group, get feedback, then roll out to larger groups for additional feedback over time.
- If you’re a member of the Xbox One Preview Program, you will get an invitation sent to you in an Xbox Live message.
- From the invitation launch the Xbox Preview Dashboard and select the registration option.
- You can then opt-in by selecting “Preview – New Xbox One Experience”.
- If you choose not to participate in this update (you just leave your registration as preview), you will continue to receive “regular” Preview Program updates going forward. This will not remove you from the Xbox Preview Program.
- New builds will regularly roll out over a period of several weeks to those who opt in, and our engineering team will work to improve the features and fix any bugs they identify throughout the preview testing.
A lot of us are very curious here at MOARGeek to see what the New Xbox One Experience entails and will keep you up to date, especially if we happen to get into the preview.
Are you looking forward to an updated Xbox One Dashboard? Let us know in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.Source: Xbox Wire