Following a price cut in Japan last month, Sony has permanently dropped the price of the PlayStation 4 in North America to $349USD, bringing it down to the same price as an Xbox One console.
Starting October 9th, gamers in the U.S. can pick up the PlayStation 4 for the reduced price which drops from the current $399USD price tag, while Canadian gamers will see it drop from $449CAD to $429CAD. While the PlayStation 4 will be priced the same as the Xbox One in the U.S., the Canadian pricing still sees the Xbox One come in at $30 cheaper.
“Our goal at PlayStation has always been to offer the best place to play at a compelling value to gamers,” said Shawn Layden, president and CEO of SCEA. “We’re continuing to deliver on that commitment with this new price for PS4, making the console even more accessible to a broader audience this holiday. With highly anticipated games like Call of Duty®: Black Ops III and Star Wars™ Battlefront™ launching soon and blockbuster exclusives like UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End on the horizon, there has never been a better time to join the PS4 community.”
Sony has also released the list, release dates, and pricing for it’s upcoming holiday bundles.
- UNCHARTED™: The Nathan Drake Collection PS4 Bundle (500GB HDD) – $349.99 USD / $429.99 CAD (MSRP); October 9, 2015
- Limited Edition Call of Duty®: Black Ops III PS4 Bundle (1TB HDD) – $429.99 USD / $499.99 CAD (MSRP); November 6, 2015
- Limited Edition Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars™ PS4 Bundle (500GB HDD) – $399.99 USD / $469.99 CAD (MSRP); November 13, 2015
- Limited Edition Star Wars™ Battlefront™ PS4 Bundle (500GB HDD) – $399.99 USD / $469.99 CAD (MSRP); November 17, 2015
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ PS4 Bundle (500GB HDD) – $349.99 USD / $429.99 CAD (MSRP); November 17, 2015
- NHL 16 PS4 Bundle (500GB HDD) – $429.99 CAD (MSRP); Available now in Canada only
Have you been waiting on a PlayStation 4 price drop to pick one up? Let us know in the comments below, or on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter.Source: Sony